Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

So Right now it is Thursday afternoon at 2pm which means back home it is 1am in the morning. One of the biggest adjustments since being here is the weather it is constantly raining so much to the point that the streets are often flooded. I am still so new in town that I have not found anywhere to buy an umbrella so I always end up at work soaked and cold.

The rain is very think and the wind is warm so the rain sticks to me in a weird way it is very uncomfortable because you cant just rub it off. I live a 10 minute walk down the street from the school and it is intense and feels like much longer.

The other thing about walking anywhere is the drivers. I have found since I have been there that there is not much respect for human life. No one where seat belts and most cars the backseat don't have seat belts. Also people will be on their mopeds without helmets just handing onto their babies, banking corners and driving fast. Taxis are the worst cause they will drive fast and not look when turning the corner causing me to have to jump out of the way several times.

No comments: