Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busan Aquarium





The absolute highlight of my trip to Pusan was the visit to the Aquarium. Ever since I was little I have loved the water and getting to see the beautiful fish and sea creatures up close was so much fun.


One of the best things about this aquarium was that a lot of the species were collected locally. Korea is maritime culture and they have a lot of respect for the ocean and its creatures. Not much of the signs were in English however enough was in English that I knew what I was looking at. My favorites was of coarse the giant Sea Turtle, however I also enjoyed playing with the star fish and taunting the sharks.
When I first went into the aquarium there were no brochures in English so I asked this man wearing a Pusan Aquarium Polo shirt if he had any. Anyways it turned out that he was the GM of the Aquarium and had gone to Waterloo university he was very helpful and shared a lot of valuable information about the aquarium. Than he gave me a complementary ticket to the glass bottom boat and a chance to feed the fishes and sharks. What an amazing experience. If you are ever in P/Busan check out the Aquarium it is right on the beach.
God Bless.
p.s. I will post the trip to the cultural museum later in the week.

No comments: