Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busan/Pusan





So this past weekend I had a chance to travel to the Southern most tip of Korea a city called Pusan/Busan. It is called both becuase the actual name is Busan however in Korea Bs are pronounced like Ps. It s a very diverse city surrounded by high mountains with the Sea right there. Korea is not actually in the Pacific Ocean it is between the Yellow Sea and the Sea of Japan. So the water in the second Picture is Actually the Sea of Japan. and that land mass in the distance is an island belonging to Japan. It takes about 45minutes by ferry to travel across the sea to reach the Japan Okasaka sea port from B/Pusan Korea.
The weekend I visited this city was very busy becuase it was the 13th annual PIFF which is the Pusan international Film Festival so there were all these big Asian Stars in the City this weekend. I saw a mob of people screaming and some guy wearing sun glasses however I could not tell you in the least who I saw or what work they did. Oh well! Somthing else interesting about B/Pusan is that they have just put in a bid for the 2020 Olympic Games to be held in their city.
While I was visiting I went to a large Aquarium and to a few museums and visited the beach I will have to save more picutures to post during the week because generally during the week things are fairly average and not much really happens. So I will say more about B/Pusan later in the week.
Until than God Bless!

5 comments:

Libby said...

Hi AManda

Libby said...

Hi Amanda,

I am glad that you have had a little time to travel. Is Korea what you thought it would look like? How are you feeling? I am looking forward to seeing you in November. Thanks for the comment that you left on the other blog. I am now down 15lbs and moving forward.
Well we took Ava for her first wagon ride to the park today. Nothing else much new here.
We are looking forward to having you and Ava in the pool together when you return. That is if your offer to teach her swimming still stands.
I need to go now, gotta put her to bed, have a great week.

me

sweetmandy86 said...

thanks for your positive feedback. and congratulations on 15 lbs gone any more and you will disappear completely! I hope Ava enjoyed her wagon ride spending sometime doing fall activities and getting ready for christmas are some of the things I look forward too when I get home. Good luck with your project and don't quit! You can do it!

AUNT LOIS said...

Hi Amanda

I finally got into your blog. Aunt Lori Lei helped me get in over the phone. We had a wonderful time with your mom, dad and brothers this weekend.

I am praying for you. I hope your ankle heals fast.

Take care ... a good song to listen to if you need a faith lift is His Strength Is Perfect by Steven Curtis Champman.

Nibbs is sleeping in a laundry basket right now. He plays hard and sleeps hard.

Gotta go put laundry away.

Love you ... Aunt Lois

E.B. said...

Hey, browsing today and just clicked the next blog button, nice to find a sister in Christ! Our school is big on sending out a mission trip every year (loads of people to one place) I was wondering if there were any people near you that could use 30-40 students help. cccb.edu

really neat pictures too...heh...my apologies, I'm a rather awkward individual. I type how I speak (sometimes).